Waves Audio has announced the release of CLA MixDown, a new CLA Signature Series mix buss plugin from Grammy-winning mixing engineer Chris Lord-Alge that helps you finalize your mixes.
For over 30 years, Chris Lord-Alge has been the mixer of choice for rock royalty, from Aerosmith to U2, Foo Fighters to Muse. One of the secrets to his signature sound have been his unique punchy, smooth, in-your-face mix buss chains – and now they are all yours in the form of the CLA MixDown plugin.
“I perfected my mix buss chains over many years and 20,000 mixes,” says Chris. “I’ve taken my two favorite chains and put them under the hood of this simple-to-use, supercharged champion of a plugin. CLA MixDown features two flavors of my mix buss compression sound, plus console overdrive and a finishing EQ with the perfect bass and treble curves.
“You can use CLA MixDown on your master channel, or you can use it the CLA way – on a master aux. You can add it after you finish mixing to secure your mix with that final touch, but I recommend you insert it before you start mixing, and then mix ‘through’ the plugin, which will help you tailor your mix and get the best sound. Either way, it will dramatically enhance your overall mix and save you precious time toward getting that final mixing touch!”
CLA MixDown features
- Simple-to-use mix buss plugin for finalizing and enriching your mixes.
- Created in collaboration with Grammy-winning mixer Chris Lord-Alge.
- Four faders for enhancing the color, dynamics and drive of your mix.
- Bass fader: Controls the richness of the mix.
- Treble fader: Increases or decreases high-frequency presence.
- Glue: Two flavors of compression for holding the mix together.
- Drive: Analog console overdrive for increasing harmonic distortion.
The plugin is on sale for $29 USD for a limited time (regular $99 USD). CLA Signature Series owners who have purchased the bundle before July 10th, 2017, get a discount offer per email.