Cinematique Instruments has released Alto Glockenspiel, a sample library for Kontakt.
The Alto Glockenspiel is a percussion instrument, composed of a set of tuned metal bars resting over a frame like a trough. Contrary to our “Small Metal Set 1″ which contains the Glockenspiel, this time we used the alto version of this legendary red model of Hohner™ with an one octave lower range, which sounds more soft and mellow. As a bonus you get two patches of a giant tuning fork with a size of 11”, made of solid material, which we found in a smithy.
We recorded the metal bars of the Alto Glockenspiel beaten with thin sticks and soft mallets, in 2 or 3 dynamic layers and three Round Robin variations, mapped in a range from C2 (C1) to F5. There are programmed scripts and fx to provide a lot of opportunities. The Huge Tuning Fork was beat with a 5kg hammer. Additionally we recorded along the surface with our special microphone movement to get different characters of the long lasting sustain.
Alto Glockenspiel features
- Alto Glockenspiel Gentle (soft and mellow, reminds of a celeste)
- Alto Glockenspiel Hard (hard sound, fx and script)
- Alto Glockenspiel Mallet (played with mallets, fx and script)
- Alto Glockenspiel (pure sound)
- Huge Tuning Fork Texture (long lasting texture, modwheel adds noise)
- Huge Tuning Fork (pure and deep)
Alto Glockenspiel for Kontakt 3 or higher is available to purchase for 16 EUR.