Cinesamples has announced version 1.1 of CineStrings Core, a Kontakt Player powered orchestral string instrument library.
CineStrings is revolutionary in its power and simplicity for recreating the sound of the orchestral string section. The library was designed by composers, for composers, with direct feedback from the film music community during its development. The result is a string library that is easy to use, composer-friendly, with unparalleled recording quality.
Changes in CineStrings v1.1
- sustain pedal now holds out sample for all sustain articulations and modes.
- reworked how Room Tone is handled in the script.
- numerous miscellaneous bug fixes.
- smoothed out vibrato morphing.
- Hairpin Creator will continue to be active if the sustain pedal is held down.
- velocity curves of regular sustains have been updated.
- added split articulations patches, one for each vibrato layer.
- added split ensemble sustain patches, one for each vibrato layer.
- Polyphonic legato:
- Increased voice capacity to 4.
- Voice Crossing feature added.
- increased the general playability of this mode.
- miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Monophonic legato:
- fixed bug that occasionally allowed multiple voices to trigger at once.
CineStrings Core is currently on sale for $449.10 USD (regular $499 USD).