Cinesamples has released version 2.2 of Piano in Blue, a 1949 Steinway D piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Changes in Piano in Blue v2.2
- Latency — Added “Sample Start” knob which will cut into the samples of the sustains by 20ms — this adjustment will remove all of the hammer/finger noise from the instrument.
- Tape Sample Replace — Re-recorded all the sample sets back through a physical Studer tape machine with better leveling to remove the “crunch” on the top velocities.
- Individual de-noising of V1 direct samples.
- Sample fix — F4, Velocity 101-110, Direct-Room (fixes modulated distortion noise on this note).
- 91-110 quick release velocities (fixes issues with the shorter release samples being too quiet in this region).
- Various minor adjustments to ADSR curves and some minor volume tweaks on individual samples.
- Added CC11 (Expression) control.
Piano in Blue is available for purchase for $99 USD. Requires Kontakt full version 5.3.1 or higher.