Cluster Sound has released Wave Bass-A, the first wavetable synth collection for Ableton Live.
Wave Bass-A is a massive collection of 100 bass synthesizers and 100 Live Clips based on 128 pristine analog wavetables. Thanks to the multi-selectable oscillators and to the masterly use of all Live sampling features, Wave Bass-A generates amazing simulations of vintage bass synths characterized by incredible low-end and definition.
Wave Bass-A features
- The Sound Engine: Wave Bass-A doesn’t make use of pre-recorded samples. Each sound is generated by a small 18 Kbyte file, a genuine analog wavetable (single cycle waveform) with a table size of 2048 samples. These atoms of sound, thanks to the amazing interpolation quality of Live and to the skilful use all the Sampler/Simpler features, allow to reproduce the warmth and the nuance of old analog synthesizers.
- Wave Selector: This feature allows to select the wavetable oscillator on-the-fly simply by moving the “Wave Selector” knob. This knob scans through the 128 wavetables included in each Instrument and allows to radically change the sounds without dragging new patches nor loosing the patch settings. Most of the included Instruments implement two selectable oscillators, making it possible to radically increase the possible sound combinations. The built-in wavetables been extracted from 7 glorious vintage synthesizers:
- 001-018 — Oscar Synthesizer
- 019-035 — Moog Sonic Six
- 036-058 — Moog Minimoog
- 059-078 — Korg MS20
- 079-094 — Korg DW8000 (Dco-Vcf)
- 095-109 — Yamaha CS-80
- 110-128 — Oberheim Matrix 1000
- Content: The 100 Bass Instruments are organized into 4 categories (Double – Octave – Pitcher – Splitter) characterized by specific Macro Controls designed for dynamic tweaking while performing. All the instruments implement a parallel Sub-harmonic channel and share a special “Stereo Dynamo” FX Module that allows to increase the warmth and the spatial image of the sounds.
Wave Bass-A for Ableton is available to purchase for 29.95 EUR.