Cockos has released version 5.0 of Reaper, containing many under-the-hood optimizations and improvements.
REAPER is a complete digital audio production application for Windows and OS X, offering a full multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing and mastering toolset.
REAPER supports a vast range of hardware, digital formats and plugins, and can be comprehensively extended, scripted and modified.
Changes in Reaper 5.0
- FX: VST3 support, sample-accurate automation for VST3 and JSFX, FX browser improvements.
- ReaScript: API and scripting improvements, including a built-in development environment for creating and debugging scripts in LUA, EEL, or Python. Create anything from simple macros, to complex new functionality.
- Control grouping: Flexible, automatable VCA control. Link groups of track controls together at any point in the signal flow.
- Video: Many improvements to video support and performance, including real-time programmable track and item effect processing.
- FX parameter automation: Full automation and MIDI/OSC learn support for per-take FX, improved FX envelope and modulation management via the Project Bay, increased automation recording speed.
- And more: New GUI layouts, Media Explorer improvements, metronome beat patterns, Opus support, MIDI note-off editing, new volume envelope modes, new actions and API functions, and many other fixes and improvements.
Reaper 5 is available for purchase for $60 USD (discounted license) / $225 USD (commercial license).
More information: Reaper