Computer Music magazine has launched its 214th issue, “Ultimate Freeware 2015”.
In our cover feature, we’ll show you the free software to use if you’re looking for professional results without splashing ANY cash. We’ve trawled the internet for gratis plugins and come back with only the cream of the crop. Find out where to find them and how to use them across 15 pages and 23 videos.
You’ll get the lowdown on:
- The best free synths out there right now, how they sound and how to use them – Datsounds OBDX, Green Oak Crystal, u-he Triple Cheese, TAL NoiseMarker and more;
- 34 free mixing effects, from classic EQs and compressors, through modern stereo and pitch manipulation tools, and many more;
- Free tools that can take your sound and your workflow to the next level;
- Where to find 36 new creative effects for your plugins folder. Whether you’re into glitching, pitching, phase, delays, or any other sound-skewing tools, we’ll give you the goss on the best stuff out there;
- How to get the best of Linux as a free software studio – our video will take you on a tour of the best Linux-based tools and noisemakers
…And a lot more
The new issue is available for purchase at Apple Newsstand, Google Play, Zinio, and in print.