Creative Intent has released an update to its Tantrum digital phase distortion effect plugin.
Version 1.1.1 comes with a bold new dark interface option, a few long-requested features like automatic gain compensation, and over 40 new presets from Sean Divine, Sixis, and John Montoya.
Tantrum features two distortion stages. First, a wave shaping stage, featuring five classic curve shapes from soft tape saturation to aggressive foldback distortion. Next, a completely redesigned phase modulation distortion, taking the original input signal through a stereo delay to modulate the phase of the distorted signal, bringing new subtlety to “warmth” and new aggression to “overdrive.” Finally, Tantrum offers a gorgeous interface with reactive and interactive visualizations to help you get to the sound you need.
Changes in Tantrum v1.1.1
- New dark skin with an option to toggle between the existing light variant and the new dark variant.
- New presets from Sean Divine, Sixis, and John Montoya.
- Automatic Gain Compensation (AGC) around the two distortion stages to enable interaction with the XY Pad with a consistent output level.
- An option to bypass the crossover band split, enabling distortion of the whole input signal.
- Dynamic oversampling configuration; a huge performance improvement when working at higher sampling rates.
- Several minor stability improvements and bug fixes.
Tantrum (VST/VST3/AU) is available for $49.99 USD. The update is free for existing Tantrum owners.
More information: Creative Intent