Cytomic has released an update of The Drop, an analog modeled resonant filter plugin based on classic analog synth filters, as well as completely new designs.
It uses the same high quality algorithms used in circuit simulators, but optimised to run fast, and features a gorgeous fully scalable user interface. There is a huge level of detail in the models, which gives them amazing drive and tone. The original structure of the circuits is preserved in the model, as is the location and shape of all major non-linearities.
Changes in The Drop v1.6.2
- New: Drive Boost buttons that boost the level of the signal with increasing Drive. This will prevent the overall level becoming more quiet when lots of drive is happening inside the filter.
- New: LFO2 now continues to sync to internal transport when DAW transport is paused (v1.6.0).
- New: Updated preset menu look and feel, support for right click on preset menu (v1.6.0).
- New: Updated text entry to use built in control, not a control in a new overlayed window (hopefully better for new security measures) (v1.6.0).
- New: Using new folder locations for presets and authorisations in line with recent security changes to macOS and Windows (v1.6.0).
- Fixed: Presets now sorted alphabetically to next / prev button behave as expected (v1.6.0).
- Fixed: Env1 and Env2 triggering issue from MIDI as the source of only one of the envelopes (v1.5.10).
The Drop is available for $99 USD. The update is free to existing users and a free trial version is available to download.
More information: Cytomic