de la Mancha has released erratic 2, a drum sample player with a host of randomising and velocity sensitive options to make any drum pattern sound different on each loop.
erratic 2 features
- Plays any 16, 24 or 32 bit stereo / mono WAV files from RAM for low CPU.
- 15 sample slots, each triggered by user-definable midi note.
- 6 velocity layers per sample slot, can be selected by velocity, round-robin or random.
- 4 choke groups, each slot can be assigned to a group and be cut by a group.
- Per sample slot parameter modulation includes: hit and hit repeat probability, swing/velocity/pan randomising, velocity sensitive pitch and volume decay envelope with adjustable contours, low pass filter with velocity sensitive cut-off, velocity sensitive cut-off decay envelope with adjustable contours.
- Midi out.
- Mute and solo for each sample slot.
- Sample reverse and sample slot normalisation.
- Selectable mono/stereo and quality level for low RAM systems.
- Multi-out version has 15 stereo outputs for routing to individual mixer channels in your host. Single-out version available where host does not support multi-out plug-ins.
- 1480 samples (306 MB) covering velocity sampled acoustic kits, vintage electronic, glitch, jazz, world and esoteric noises.
- over 40 presets covering various kits and technique examples.
erratic 2 is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC for $39 USD. A single-out demo version is available for download. It has full functionality except the MIDI out is only on slot 1, with 1s silence every 10s and a nag screen.
Visit de la Mancha for more information and audio demos.