Dexed is a multi-platform, multi-format synthesizer instrument plug-in that is closely modeled on the Yamaha DX7.
The goal of this project is to be a tool/companion for the original DX7. Sound engine with ‘float’ value parameters, different waveform à la TX81z would be great but anything that goes beyond the DX7 should and will be a fork of this project. This is to keep the compatibility with the original machine.
- Multi platform (OS X, Windows, Linux) and multi format (VST, AU and others that I don’t use); by using JUCE.
- The sound engine music-synthesizer-for-android is closely modeled on the original DX7 characteristics.
- 144 DAW automatable DX7 parameters available from one single panel.
- Fully supports DX7 input and output Sysex messages; including controller change. This means that you can use this with a native DX7/TX7 as a patch editor.
- Each operator have a realtime VU meter to know which one is active.
- Can load/save any DX7/TX7 sysex programs. It is also possible to save a single program into a different sysex file.
Dexed is available as a free download under the GPL v2 license. Binaries for Windows 32/64-bit VST and Mac VST can be downloaded from the Github page.
More information: Dexed