discoDSP has announced an update to its Discovery Pro virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac and Linux. Version 7.7 comes with native Apple Silicon support for Pro Tools AAX, and various other features and improvements.
Experience the ultimate in virtual analog synthesis with Discovery Pro, a synthesizer and sampler that delivers unparalleled sound quality and versatility. With 4 layers and 12 oscillators, WAV and SoundFont support, PADSynth re-synthesis, and 2X oversampling/undersampling, Discovery Pro offers endless options for creating and shaping your sounds.
Changes in Discovery Pro v7.7
- The ProTools AAX plugin has been compiled as a universal binary, with native support for Apple Silicon architecture.
- The license activation system has been integrated into the plug-in, eliminating the need to input the serial number during each installation.
- The Percussion banks  Percussion 1 and  Percussion 2 have been updated with oscillator phase reset enabled.
- New menu option ‘Program’ which lists the saved presets in Documents > discoDSP > Discovery Pro > Presets > Programs, providing quicker access to favorite presets.
- The Wave + and – Octave Shift buttons are now functioning correctly.
- Added the behavior of the Shift + left click function on the oscillator label or LED to toggle only between its current On state and the Off state.
The update is free to customers of Discovery Pro v7.x. Note that the Windows installer will overwrite any stock files, so make sure to backup your Discovery Pro documents folder for safety.
New users can purchase Discovery Pro (VST/VST3, AU and AAX) for 139 EUR / $149 USD at the discoDSP store and from distributors PluginFox and ADSR Sounds.