discoDSP has announced the release of version 1.5 of OB-Xd Desktop, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, macOS and Linux.
OB-Xd is based on the Oberheim OB-X. It attempts to recreate its sound and behavior, but as the original was very limited in some important ways a number of things were added or altered to the original design.
The update comes with a new classic user interface, support for VST3, and various other improvements and fixes.
Changes in OB-Xd v1.5
- New classic GUI.
- VST3 support.
- Default skin changed to discoDSP Blue.
- Polyphony raised to 32 voices (thanks to Shane Dunne).
- Windows (code signed), macOS (notarized) and Linux standalone apps.
- Updated framework.
- Drop down menu fixes and enhancements.
- Preset browser (using drop down menu with right click or ctrl/cmd click on the GUI).
- Fixed unsorted banks listed on drop down menu.
- Compiled with VS2019, XCode 10.3 and Ubuntu 18 GCC 7.3.
- Rewritten macOS installer with Packages app.
OB-Xd Desktop is available in VST/VST3 and AU plugin formats, priced at 39 EUR / $49 USD.
More information: discoDSP