discoDSP has announced an update to the OB-Xd software synthesizer based on the Oberheim OB-X.
Version 2.5 of the synth that attempts to recreate its the sound and behavior of the OB-X includes various new features and preset sounds, improvements and fixes.
Changes in OB-Xd v2.5
- Added Scalable GUI (1x, 1.5x, 2x) with HiDPI support for all platforms.
- Added Luke’s Soundhouse 80s & Synthwave Presets bank.
- Preset Bar now uses bold font for better visibility.
- Specific fonts for each system (Helvetica Neue for macOS, Arial for Windows and DejaVu Sans for Linux).
- Revised all themes XML knob sizes and alignments.
- Updated assets with 4x bitmaps including Ilkka Rosa Dark theme.
- Streamlined Menu.
- Updated themes folder error dialog assets and window size.
- Added program popup menu when clicking Preset Bar name.
- Added Menu Help version and Open PDF manual (Windows and macOS).
- Miscellaneous fixes an enhancements.
OB-Xd for Windows and Mac is free for non-commercial use in VST/VST3 and AU plugin formats. AAX is included with a registered license only, available at $49 USD.
More information: discoDSP