dSONIQ has released version 1.3 of the Realphones plugin which re-creates the acoustic environment of a recording studio control room in your headphones and corrects its frequency response.
Realphones is designed to turn your headphones into a reliable monitoring tool for mixing tracks that you can trust.
A meticulously picked set of features will help you understand how your track will sound at a studio or elsewhere without taking your headphones off.
Mixes made on headphones sound good only on the same headphones and often translate badly to speakers or even to other headphones. Realphones technology is designed to compensate for headphones’ most prominent reproduction distortions and misalignments when compared to speakers. Turning on Realphones when mixing with headphones will provide a reliable representation of how your mix would sound on professional studio monitors in acoustically treated room and outside it.
- Headphones frequency response correction using standard curves or individually measured variables.
- Head-related transfer function (HRTF)-based binaural virtual sound source emulation.
- Emulation of studio control room with far and near fields set-up based on acoustic measurements.
- Increased precision over the full range of frequencies.
- Enhanced control of Low Frequency range.
- Selection of frequency response reproduction of different audio systems.
- Flexibility of controls, giving you the possibility to adapt the sounding to match your perception.
- Confident decisions when mixing in conditions where a professional studio control room is unavailable.
Realphones is available at dSONIQ and distributor Plugin Boutique starting from 65 USD/EUR. The plugin comes in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats. A free trial version is available for download.