Elektron has announced the successor to the highly influential performance sampler Octatrack.
Octatrack MKII comes with a crisp OLED screen, ultra durable back-lit buttons, a contactless silky smooth performance crossfader, hi-res encoders, more dedicated buttons and balanced audio inputs.
Octatrack MKII is an eight track performance sampler and sequencer, designed for both live performers and studio producers. Thanks to its clever combination of internal tracks, MIDI tracks and in- and outputs, it is perfect as the centre piece in any rig. The sample engine, which features time-stretch and pitch-shift in real time, is capable of radically transforming and reshaping samples in an instant.
The new high quality back-lit buttons, paired with the hi-res encoders and the professional contactless crossfader, ensure operational reliability in the most demanding environments. The ultra crisp OLED screen and an increased count of dedicated buttons, each with a distinct purpose, contribute to the improved MKII user experience.
“Octatrack MKII will fulfil the needs of anybody who really wants to experiment with samples. And the tactile feel and visual feedback of the new buttons is such an aid when being on stage or improvising in the studio. Octatrack MKII is an outstanding live performance tool”, says Jonas Hillman, CEO of Elektron.
Octatrack MKII features
- 8 stereo audio tracks.
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks.
- Instant stereo sampling.
- Real time sample time-stretch & pitch-shift.
- 2 × insert FX per audio track.
- 3 × LFO per track.
- Live friendly Elektron sequencer.
- Contactless performance crossfader.
- 1 × ¼” headphones output.
- 2 × ¼” impedance balanced main output.
- 2 × ¼” impedance balanced cue output.
- 4 × ¼” balanced external input.
- 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port.
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports.
- Ultra crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen.
- Precise hi-res encoders.
- Durable back-lit buttons rated for 50 million presses.
- W340 × D185 × H63 mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5″) including knobs and rubber feet.
- Weight approx. 2.3 kg (5 lbs).
- Fully compatible with Octatrack MKI projects/data.
The Octatrack MKII will start shipping in August, priced at 1,449 EUR / $1,349 USD.