Elektron has announced the release of its brand new eight voice polyphonic digital synthesizer, the Digitone Keys.
The 37-key velocity and pressure sensitive keyboard with aftertouch gives you a whole new level of expression and control of the Digitone’s intuitive sound engine, representing our vision of how FM synthesis can be revitalized and modernized.
“We designed Digitone Keys to grant instant access to its stellar FM sound engine,” said CPO Jon Mårtensson Elmrud.
“Whether it’s about creating sounds or playing them, the creative tactility offered by Digitone Keys makes the workflow very fluent and flexible. More performance oriented. We are very proud of this black monolith, and would like to regard it as a true link between our world and the equally surreal and recognizable world of FM synthesis.”
Imagine the sound of whispering dunes, rolling thunder, or the twinkle of distant stars. With this ready-to-go performance machine, curiosity is all you need.
Intuitive sound crafting, 37 keys, 8 voice polyphony, mod and pitch wheels, dedicated outputs per track, and brand new customizable controls. These are the things that dreams are made of.
Digitone Keys features
- Synth voice features
- 8 voice polyphony (4-part multitimbral).
- Multiple FM algorithms.
- Multiple operator harmonics.
- 1 × multimode filter per voice.
- 1 × base-width filter per voice.
- 1 × overdrive per voice.
- 2 × assignable LFO per voice.
- 2048 patch storage capacity on the +Drive.
- 4 × synth tracks.
- 4 × MIDI tracks.
- Arpeggiator per synth track.
- Polyphonic sequencing.
- Individual track lengths.
- Parameter locks.
- Micro timing.
- Trig conditions.
- Sound per step change.
- 128 × projects on the +Drive.
- 8 × Banks 16 × patterns per project.
- Send & master effects
- Panoramic Chorus send effect.
- Saturator Delay send effect.
- Supervoid Reverb send effect.
- Overdrive master effect.
- 37-key semi-weighted, velocity sensitive keyboard with aftertouch.
- Assignable pitch and modulation wheels.
- 8 × user assignable rotary encoders.
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced main out jacks.
- 8 × 1/4” impedance balanced track out jacks.
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack.
- 2 × 1/4” audio in jacks.
- 2 × 1/4” CV/Expression/Sustain jacks.
- 128 × 64 pixel OLED screen.
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters.
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN Sync out.
- Physical specifications
- Sturdy steel casing.
- Dimensions: W868 × D185 × H90 mm (including knobs, feet, and jacks).
- Weight: approximately 6 kg.
- Dedicated MIDI controller mode.
- Overbridge enabled.
- 3 year Elektron warranty.
- Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-3b.
- Elektron USB cable.
The Digitone Keys is priced at $1,299 USD/1,320 EUR/1,180 GBP, with a limited number available for purchase directly from Elektron. The next units are available to pre-order through retailers carrying the Elektron range of products.
Elektron will showcase the Digitone Keys at Superbooth19, booth W110.
More information: Elektron