MIND Music Labs has announced ELK, a Music Operating System that allows musicians to add unlimited sounds and features to their musical instruments and seamlessly share their performances online.
It also allows manufacturers and developers to move away from system-specific chips and software.
ELK is designed for optimal audio performance and seamless connectivity.
Musical Instruments Powered by ELK allow musicians to:
- Add new sounds and features to their instruments via online upgrades
- Easily connect their instruments to mobiles, computers and to the broader Internet
- Instantly share their performances online
ELK also allows software developers to easily release software, sounds and effects originally developed for computer environments on Powered by ELK musical instruments.
“ELK is the evolution musical instruments have been waiting for a long time, and is ready to disrupt the musical instruments world in the same way Android disrupted the mobile world ten years ago.” is how Michele Benincaso, CEO of MIND Music Labs, announces ELK’s release.
- Ultra-low latency (1ms round-trip).
- Linux-based, using single Intel & ARM CPUs.
- Support for JUCE and VsT 2.x and 3.x plugins.
- Natively connected (USB, WiFi, BT, 4G).
- Full MIDI support.
ELK’s capabilities will be demoed live at the 2018 NAMM show in collaboration with industry leaders DVMark, MarkBass and Overloud (TH-U), the first brands that will support ELK in their new products.
More information: MIND Music Labs