Empirical Labs has released version 2.0 of Arousor, a compressor effect plugin that was designed to offer the sound and features from its own compressors, most notably, the Distressor.
For over 20 years, producers and engineers have been yearning for a Distressor-In-The-Box. At least 5 other companies have tried to capitalize on this huge market, but with the AROUSOR, Empirical Labs will finally satisfy the need for an In-the-Box compressor, and gives you one that starts where the Distressor left off.
In fact, we modeled the Distressors detector circuits on a component basis, to get the magic tens of thousands have enjoyed for decades. But we did NOT limit ourselves to the features of our award winning product.
Changes in Arousor v2.0
- AAX-DSP for the MAC. Windows version to follow shortly, pending copy protection repair.
- Much greater efficiency, especially in Pro Tools AAX. 1/3rd of the CPU usage.
- Greatly increased Bargraph accuracy. You will find it makes matching a Distressor sound much easier.
- Preset Sharing Function – Works across all platforms and makes it easy to share, even with emails.
- Graphic and Interface Improvements – New colors, and 3d Depth.
- “Expert Panel” Button appears for the BLEND Section.
- New Presets from Famous Engineers.
- Refined markings for matching Distressor Detector settings. New Mark on Det HP Freq, Det BP Gain.
- Higher resolution readout on Det BP BW. Reads to .01 places.
- Better support for Control Surfaces, including the older Avid D-Command.
Arouser v2.0 is available for Mac only (VST/VST3/AU/AAX), priced at $249 USD for an introductory 30 days (regular $349 USD). Windows support will follow within a month or two.