Erica Synths has announced its new unique live performance and sound design instrument at the Superbooth 2021 show. The PĒRKONS HD-01 aims to tear down the borders between drum machine, synthesizer and drone instrument.
The instrument features 4 sonically versatile hybrid voices and a sequencer with simultaneous control over all four percussion tracks.
It’s rather sudden– the bolt of lightning strikes quickly, but the roar follows behind, as if giving one time enough to inhale. Finally, it strikes your ears like the skies breaking apart and in all its magnificence it rides the wind. PĒRKONS – a deity of old known by many names and also by ours on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea – THUNDER, lord of the skies.
We at Erica Synths proudly present our newest creation – PĒRKONS (THUNDER) – a drum machine and synthesizer that will change your approach to electronic rhythm synthesis – an instrument which bears the weight of a storm beneath its sturdy casing.
PĒRKONS HD-01 features
- 4 hybrid voices (digital sound engine and analogue multimode filter with overdrive).
- 8 controls per voice.
- Velocity sensitive trigger inputs for drum pads.
- Individual voice outputs .
- Individual sends and returns.
- 64 kit and 64 pattern memory + additional memory on the SD card.
- Built-in analogue bucket brigade delay and optical compressor.
- Modulation LFO with morphing waveforms, phase shift and 8 destinations.
- 4 track sequencer, 4 time divisions and 4 time multiplications per track.
- Per-step ratchets and probabilities .
- 4 shuffle algorithms.
- MIDI IN and MIDI OUT.
The PĒRKONS machine is scheduled for release this year, priced 1,650 EUR ex. VAT where applicable.
More information: Erica Synths