ESI has announced availability of MoCo, a fully-passive monitor controller designed to help provide perfect playback volume control of studio monitors.
MoCo’s minimalist design has no active components that could in any way alter the audio signal sound quality for connected studio monitors, meaning playback control volume is kept at maximum.
MoCo provides two separate stereo INPUTS — one with balanced 1/4-inch TRS (Tip-Ring Sleeve) connectors, the other with both unbalanced RCA (Radio Corporation of America) and unbalanced 1/8-inch TRS connectors — and two separate stereo OUTPUTS — one with balanced XLR (Canon X Series, Latch, Rubber) connectors, the other with balanced/unbalanced 1/4-inch TRS plus unbalanced 1/8-inch TRS connectors.
Users can quickly select the INPUT signal via an A/B switch and enable each OUTPUT with separate (A and B) buttons. There is also a MONO signal-activating button as well as an ability to quickly MUTE the playback audio signal at the press of another appropriate button. It is also possible to speedily swap the left and right audio signal channels. Last, but not least, the stylish big knob at the centre of MoCo’s delightful desktop design controls the all-important, actual playback volume — after all, that is what it’s all about!
As such, perfect playback volume control of studio monitors could not be simpler or speedier than working with MoCo, making for a sensible studio addition anywhere… and at a perfectly-positioned price point to match, making a purchase decision equally easy!
- 2x mono balanced 1/4″ TRS input (input A).
- 2x mono unbalanced RCA input (input B).
- 1x stereo unbalanced 1/8″ mini jack input (input B).
- 2x mono balanced XLR output (output A).
- 2x mono balanced / unbalanced 1/4″ TRS output (output B).
- 1x stereo unbalanced 1/8″ mini jack output (output B).
- selected high quality potentiometer for passive volume control.
- A/B input selection switch.
- L/R switch to swap left & right audio channels.
- independent A and B buttons to enable and disable the outputs.
- mono downmix button (mixes left to right channel and right to left channel).
- mute button to mute output signal instantly.
MoCo is available at an MSRP of 89 EUR/USD.