Eventide Audio has announced the release of its new CrushStation, a versatile, best-in-class, stereo distortion platform for Windows, Mac and iOS.
Its controls can drive your tone from creamy saturation to a brutal sonic assault. But distortion is just the starting point.
CrushStation brings multi-effects to the mix by adding a three-band EQ, Compression, Octave Mix and, Eventide’s unique take on failing hardware, the Sag control. Use the MIX Control to blend your dry signal with CrushStation to create parallel compression, distortion, and other creative effects.
- 35 presets painstakingly tailored to cover all the bas(s)es.
- Drive from shallow subtle boost to deep overdrive distortion.
- Grit and sustain pushes into fuzz territory.
- Sag was inspired by Eventide’s experience of the sound of dying analog gear; the power rail sags and the amp starts sputtering, cutting out and sounding ‘broken’.
- Mix in higher and lower octaves then turn up the drive and sustain to crush them together to form massive new textures.
- Grit for low-end, gritty, chugging sounds.
- 3-band EQ to shape your tone.
- Gate your signal to tame an aggressive distortion output, or get aggressive with high threshold gating and dry MIX for parallel gated crunch.
- Ribbon lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice .
- Hotswitch allows you to instantly switch between two different distinct settings within the same preset at the push of a button.
- Mixlock keeps mix control constant as you audition presets.
The iOS version is $9.99 USD. It works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect.