Eventide Audio has announced immediate availability of Blackhole, a reverb pedal “as big and mysterious as the cosmos”, capable of creating haunting echoes, ethereal landscapes and otherworldly ambience.
Blackhole is designed to let you discover what lies beyond mere halls, rooms, plates and springs, transporting you to an alternate dimension of ambience.
Like all Eventide pedals, Blackhole allows players to fine-tune every aspect of the effect. With its new user- friendly, intuitive interface, just about anyone can shoot for the moon and land beyond the known universe.
A historic element of Eventide’s sound, the Blackhole algorithm was introduced in Eventide’s DSP4000 Ultra-Harmonizer® hardware processor and now opens a host of possibilities on a pedalboard.
With Blackhole, users can pick and choose from five otherworldly presets to create supermassive atmospheres with the ethereal reverb of Blackhole, soar through nimbus clouds with the airy delay of Dark Matter, achieve sonic supernovas with the resounding swirl of Nebula, experience an uncharted galaxy of sound with the warmth of Singularity, and achieve a stellar rotation of sonority with Pulsar – or get creative and create presets on their own.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software.
- Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe.
- Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb.
- Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon.
- Tap the Freeze Footswitch to instantly ‘freeze’ your sound .
- Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface.
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal.
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB.
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry.
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets.
- Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or clear up the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail.
- Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb tail in two realms — normal or inverse decay. Create interesting swells or suck the dry signal back into the reverb tail. At longer decay times, Blackhole allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb tail.
Blackhole is available for $279 USD (MSRP) from Eventide dealers worldwide and Eventide’s online store.
More information: Eventide