Eventide has released EQuivocate, a powerful auditory graphic equalizer effect by Newfangled Audio.
The EQuivocate plugin uses filters that are modeled on the human ear.
Perfect for mixing and mastering, EQuivocate’s auditory filters and match EQ functionality make it incredibly powerful, simple to use, and natural sounding. EQuivocate uses filters which are modeled on the human ear.
Each of the 26 critical bands tickles a different part of your inner ear, making any combination of settings sound as natural as possible. Combining this with a linear-phase filter shape that reduces pre-echo makes EQuivocate an EQ with a difference you can hear.
- Simple yet musical, the 26 linear phase auditory filters are shaped to approximate the critical band filters in your ear.
- Match EQ feature matches the tone of one track to another. Blend two tracks to sound like they came from the same source, complement each other for better separation, or make a final master have a similar tone to a reference track!
- Click and swipe your mouse across the gain slider field to draw an EQ curve. Then toggle Draw Curve off to fine tune.
- Use the output level Auto button to automatically compensate for level changes introduced by the EQ.
- Solo the output of one or more bands to easily find problem frequencies.
- Add or remove filters to customize your sound.
- Includes artist presets from Richard Devine, Jeremy Lubsey, Alex Saltz, Sebastian Arocha Morton, Richard X, and John McCaig.
- Start with the presets or create your own. Use the Compare button to toggle between two unique settings.
EQuivocate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is free until October 31st, 2017 (regular $99 USD).
You will need a valid email address and iLok username to get a free license.