Eventide Audio has announced the release of its ultimate creative tool Physion Mk II, a multi-effects processor using Eventide’s transient/tonal structural splitting technology.
The update includes a SIFT based polyphonic pitch shifting algorithm, reverse delays, sidechain input for dynamics, and more.
Building upon the Structural Effects line of plug-ins, Physion Mk II is a newly updated version of the original Physion Mk I released in 2016. Now packed with more features than ever, the update version now fits comfortably within the new GUI aesthetic.
Physion is the first plug-in to use our ground-breaking Structural Effects technology — A new method for processing audio. With Physion, you can split a sound into its transient and tonal parts, independently manipulate them using Eventide’s world-class effects and then fuse them back together. With the ability to add effects and dynamic controls to the transient and tonal sections, you can produce a wide range of sounds, from the subtle to the extreme.
Physion Mk II features
- New: Polyphonic pitch shifting algorithm based on SIFT (Spectral Instantaneous Frequency Tracking) Technology.
- New: Reverse Delays with Gating, Ping-pong, and Crystals modes.
- New: Side Chain input for dynamics processors.
- New: State-of-the-art Filters, taken directly from SplitEQ.
- New: Resizable GUI with scrolling waveform display and easy-to-use layout – no menu diving required.
- World-class, Hand-tuned Eventide effects for the Transient & Tonal streams.
- Process Transient and Tonal Effects separately using Eventide’s Improved Structural Split™ technology.
- Control Transient and Tonal Output levels .
- Control the Underlying Split for fine-tuning and experimentation.
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes 500+ presets.
- A/B Comparison and Undo/Redo make it easy to explore ideas without losing where you started.
- Three Color Schemes: Normal, Dark, and Colorblind Accessible.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats, the plugin is on sale for the intro price of $99 USD until October 31st, 2022 (regular $179 USD). Owners of the original Physion or SplitEQ are eligible for discounted pricing. A free 30-day demo version is available to download.