Eventide Audio has released its new ShimmerVerb plugin, combining a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers, making any signal “shimmer.”
Producers and engineers have previously achieved this effect by using Eventide pitch-shifting hardware such as the H910, H949, or H3000 or other rack-mount units in combination with a reverb.
This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2’s The Unforgettable Fire. Now, this iconic sound has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples and vocals.
In typical Eventide fashion, features have been added such as the ability to infinitely feedback the signal, resulting in cascading reverbs that smear into oblivion. Feedback can be further fine-tuned by specifying which frequencies are fed back through the low/mid/high cross-over network.
- Unique reverb plug-in with parallel pitch-shifters on the reverb tail.
- Easily pitch with perfect fourths, fifths, and octaves.
- MicroPitch tuning available around perfect intervals.
- Four octaves of pitch shifting (from two octaves down to two octaves up).
- Delay pitched signals up to one second or sync them to your DAW’s tempo.
- FEEDBACK determines how much delayed signal is fed back into the input of the reverb.
- Low, Mid, and High cross-over network determines which frequencies are fed back.
- FREEZE holds the current state of the reverb in a smeared texture.
- The RIBBON allows for real-time modification of several parameters at once.
- HOTSWITCH allows for instant switching between two sets of parameters within one preset.
The iOS version of ShimmerVerb, which works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plugin, or Inter-App Audio effect, is priced at $14.99 USD at the App Store, with a special intro price of $9.99 USD through September 10th.
More information: Eventide ShimmerVerb