Eventide Audio has announced the release of the plugin version of the classic Undulator modulated tremolo effect. Simultaneously, Eventide is making a commitment to social justice.
“Eventide Audio is committed to supporting the fight against systemic racism and violence,” the company stated.
“We hope that you will join us by listening, learning, and taking action. We embrace diversity and seek equality, justice, inclusion, and dignity for all. We stand in unity with the Black community and will take action by donating to organizations that support justice and social change. Eventide will be donating 100% of the proceeds of the Undulator desktop plug-in to the Equal Justice Initiative & NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund.”
Undulator, a magical tremolo from Eventide’s iconic H3000 Harmonizer effects processor, provides a unique rhythmic effect by combining ethereal feedback and detuned echoes which are fed through an AM / FM modulated tremolo.
Whether used for manipulating samples or adding movement to strings, pads, guitars, and keys, Undulator is a muse for creative musicians.
- Turn up the MIX to increase the dry/effect ratio.
- Utilize multiple modulation waveform shapes and sources to alter the rhythmic feel.
- Subtly finesse detuning of delays by using SPREAD.
- Add FEEDBACK to accentuate delays or create infinite loops.
- The Secondary LFO determines how fast the depth and speed modulation “wiggle” their targets.
- Lock the tremolo to tempo using SYNC.
- RETRIG at the top of the wavform for a more predictable effect.
- RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice.
- SLOW/FAST button toggles on a “Slow LFO” mode. Holding it down to “BRAKE” temporarily slows down the LFOs at a constant rate until released.
- Update the tremolo speed in real time using the TAP button.
- Use MIDI to control the Ribbon (CC#1), Active/Bypass (CC#2), Slow/Fast (CC#3), or Tap (CC#4).
Available in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats, Undulator for Windows and Mac is priced at an MSRP of $19 USD.
The iOS version of Undulator, which works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect, is priced at $7.99 USD, with a special intro price of $4.99 USD through July 20th, 2020.
More information: Eventide Audio