Eventide Audio has announced the release of its new dual-voice pitch shifter plugin for Windows and Mac.
MicroPitch is the latest incarnation of an iconic effect originated by Eventide in the 1970s. With each generation, Eventide has added to, refined, enhanced and built on its legendary predecessors.
MicroPitch is a fine-resolution pitch shifter providing effects that range from subtle tone fattening to dramatic slap-back effects via longer delays. MicroPitch goes above and beyond the run-of-mill stereo spread effects of simple micropitch plug-ins by allowing users to mix in detuned and delayed versions of a source, creating depth and dimensions not possible before. Its expanded controls make possible deep pitch dives, haunting echoes, and pristine chorusing effects.
Like all H9 series plug-ins, MicroPitch is designed to “play.” The dynamic and fluid Ribbon control can add a bit of “life” while mixing by sweeping MicroPitch’s effect between two completely different settings of any combination of controls, such as turning sweetening shifts into a delay-throw and back, or changing delays from dark to bright for transitional effects. Desktop users can plug in a MIDI keyboard and gain control of the Ribbon via the mod wheel for tactile control of this intuitive performance macro.
- Two voices of pitch shifting, one from unison to -50 cents, the other from unison to +50 cents, each with up to 2 seconds of delay.
- Classic stereo-spreading effect.
- Slapback effects using longer delay times.
- Tone for fine-tuning the voices to fit perfectly in your mix.
- Pitch mix for layering the two voices by setting the balance between each shifted delay.
- Mod depth and rate for a chorusing effect on each voice.
- Feedback for pitch dive/rise effects.
- Intuitive UI for ease of use.
- Tempo for synchronized and unique delay effects.
- Presets based on iconic uses of the MicroPitch effect.
- Ribbon lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice.
- Mixlock keeps mix control constant as you audition presets.
Joining the iOS version of the app (which works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect), MicroPitch for Windows and Mac support VST, AAX, and AU plugin protocols for compatibility with every DAW.