Exonic UK has announced the release of MegaHertz, a semi-modular high resolution analog modelling synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
MegaHertz utilises recent advancements in processing power to allow extremely high internal sample-rates, thus achieving unparalleled analogue emulation authenticity. These extreme sample rates are maintained throughout the synthesizer for both audio and control signals.
Each of MegaHertz’s many components are re-generated up to a million (Mega) times every second (Hertz) with the same “mico-shifts” and instabilities that give analogue synthesizers their famed character and liveliness. Not only do two voices of the same instance never sound the same, but two or more instances of the plugin can play identical parts simultaneously without the locked-phase artefacts that affect nearly all digital/software based synthesizers.
MegaHertz features features
- 2 high resolution generative oscillators with sync, FM, ring modulation and a sub oscillator.
- 2 hyper-fast envelopes with unique curves geared towards extra punch.
- Polyphonic LFO with various timing, smoothing and triggering options.
- Monophonic LFO with various timing, smoothing and triggering options.
- Multi-mode, multi-slope zero delay feedback filter with an internal saturator.
- CV sequencer with per-step glide control and multiple playback and triggering options (including random).
- Gate sequencer with per-step latch control and multiple playback and triggering options (including random).
- Extensive “cable based” modulation matrix, allowing over a million unique routings.
- High quality effects including Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser and Distortion.
- Fully polyphonic, adjustable unison that sacrifices neither polyphony, nor CPU overhead.
- Global swing controls for the sequencers and LFOs.
- 3 dedicated emulation authenticity modes that allow scalability to a wide range of processing power requirements.
- Intuitive one page interface that encourages you to quickly create and modify sounds.
- Hundreds of presets covering everything from bread-and-butter sounds, to complete modular chaos.
MegaHertz is available as 64-bit VST/VST3 plugins for Windows, and as an AU plugin for Mac at an introductory price of £89 GBP (regular £129 GBP). A trial version is available for download.
More information: Exonic UK