FabFilter has announced an update for all of its plugins, bringing AAX Apple Silicon support as well as bug fixes, improvements and a few minor new features.
The update is free for existing customers and FabFilter recommends everyone to update to these latest plugin versions.
Changes in update of March 16th
- Added Apple Silicon support for all AAX plug-ins.
- All Pro and Creative plug-ins now support interface scaling. The resize button in the bottom right corner of the interface now offers a Scaling submenu, with options to increase or decrease the scale of the entire interface, e.g. 125%, 150%, etc.
- Reduced CPU spikes on changing oversampling or high quality mode in Pro and Creative plug-ins.
- Added a right-click shortcut menu for the preset button, with Save and Save As options. In Twin 3, this also lets you mark a preset as favorite.
- Added support for MIDI program changes in the VST3 plug-ins.
- Timeless 3, Volcano 3, Twin 3 and Saturn 2: Added Show Source Flow option, available via the Add Source ‘+’ button menu.
- Timeless 3, Volcano 3, Twin 3 and Saturn 2: Added Auto-Collapse Sources option, available via the Add Source ‘+’ button menu. When enabled, expanding one source interface will automatically collapse the others (the default behavior). When disabled, multiple source interfaces can be expanded at the same time.
- Pro-DS and Pro-G: Added support for different interface sizes and Full Screen mode.
- Pro-G: Added density spectrum visualization in the side chain filter controller, similar to how Pro-DS shows this.
- Pro-L 2: Added Auto-Reset option for loudness metering, available as a toggle option in the Loudness Time Scale menu. When enabled, loudness metering and clipping will be reset every time playback starts in the DAW.
- Twin 3: Fixed a bug which caused the main Frequency Offset parameter to be ignored for filters with panning and non-modulated Filter Frequency.
- Twin 3: Redesigned options icon in the preset browser to make it more discoverable.
- Volcano 3: Fixed a bug that could cause possible clicks or noise when modulating filter peak values around zero.
- Volcano 3: Fixed issue where text entry for the peak value in the parameter value display would change frequency when piano display was enabled.
- Volcano 3: Fixed an issue in the mono version of the plug-in where filters that were removed in the interface could still remain in effect.
- Twin 3: The Arpeggiator Lock parameter is now always disabled for new instances of the plug-in.
- Small bug fixes and improvements.
The updated plugins are fully compatible with previous versions. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now.
FabFilter’s plugins are available to purchase at the FabFilter store and at distributors Plugin Boutique and ADSR Sounds.