Tokyo Dawn Labs has announced version 1.0.0 of its Feedback Compressor freeware compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
A carefully designed dynamic range compressor. The processor is dedicated to sum/bus compression and is the result of an intensive study about the musical behavior of the feed-back compressor topology. Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction. The feed-back compressor design however “listens” to its output. This non-intuitive approach delivers an unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristic that is able to handle complex signals with ease.
Feedback Compressor features
- Beautiful “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behavior.
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations.
- Differential oversampling structure.
- Internal re-sampling via high quality linear phase filters.
- Advanced stereo-linking (reduces audible cross-modulation).
- Adaptive integration time RMS detector. Optional PEAK and tunable RMS detection.
- Freely adjustable compression knee.
- Upward compression mode.
- Optional side-chain 6dB/Oct high-pass and 3dB/Oct energy equalization filters.
- Optional “color” functions.
- Independent release controls for fast and slow program material.
- Delta preview mode. Allows to preview the difference between compressed and original signal.
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted).
Feedback Compressor is available as freeware for Windows (32/64-bit VST).
More information: TDR Feedback Compressor