FeelYourSound has announced a sale on MidiMidi, a standalone software that works with the JoyLabz Makey Makey invention kit to let you make a MIDI controller (MIDI notes, MIDI CCs) out of just about anything.
No soldering required. Simply connect alligator clips to objects that should work as MIDI triggers. Any conductive material like fruits, metal, or other band members will work.
MidiMidi is available for both Mac OS X and Windows.
- The gaming centered key settings of MaKey MaKey are turned into real MIDI data.
- Support for MIDI notes, chords, and MIDI controller values.
- A special toggle mode starts and stops notes or loops with two touches.
- Many scale and chords presets are included (e.g. Major, Minor, Phrygian,…).
- Useful settings for live situations like “Always on top” mode or “Transparent window mode”.
- Ten keys can get remapped, four banks are available to organize the settings.
- It’s possible to define own keymappings to turn the computer keyboard into a MIDI controller as well.
MidiMidi is available for purchase for 15 EUR / $18 USD until June 7th, 2015 (regular 24 EUR / $29 USD).