Findasound has launched Petra Strings Legato, an Arabic – Middle Eastern strings section for Native Instrument Kontakt.
This unique library is designed to suit both studio and live performance musicians who are looking for realistic legato section. With random round robin option for both sustains and legato groups the player can achieve sounds as realistic as possible.
One of the characteristics of Arabic strings is the delay between sounds, in studio environment that can be achieved with delaying notes on the piano roll for example, while in real time live performance it is hard to achieve and that is why an option for random delay time is provided, it basically delays the attack groups randomly starting from 1 and ending with 3.5 millisecond which will result in natural time difference between sections in real time. This option can be enabled or disabled for all sections, once disabled; delay knobs for all section will be set to off and can be adjusted manually for each if needed. The natural detune between sections is preserved to give that taste of middle eastern section.
Petra Strings Legato features
- 24 bit / 48kHz mono compressed ncw kontakt format.
- 7 Articulations: Normal, Tremolo, Trills H, Trills W, Trills H Short, Trills W Short, and Pizzicato.
- Section on/off option with separate volume, pan, and EQ control.
- Release, Attack samples volume control.
- Legato on/off trigger option.
- Separate transpose of each section (Semi, Octave).
- Quarter tone scale with tune amount control +- 50 cents.
- Reverb room simulation effects with 40 reverb presets.
- Fully automated controllers.
- Random bowing and random RR option.
- Random attack delay time option.
- Separate delay time option for each section.
- Global portamento speed controller with 10 speeds.
The library is available for purchase for $169 USD.
More information: Findasound