Wings Music has recently released a new public beta of its multi-band distortion plugin.
Pre-release version 0.9.4 of Fire adds 4 new distortion functions, a bypass for the compressor, width, filter and downsample, solo buttons, and some more improvements.
- Sound shaper with different distortion functions, rectification, and bias to shape your sound.
- Compressor for each band to compress your sound. Click the VU meter graph to see details of the RMS level and compression value.
- Stereolizer for each band to compress the sound and make it wider.
- Link the output value with the drive value to automatically decrease the output if you turn up the drive value.
- Automatically adjust your volume when it gets too loud, just like Sausage Fattener.
- 4x oversampling to reduce aliasing distortion.
- EQ with lowcut, highcut and peak controls.
- Downsample to distort your sound by reducing the sample rate.
- Preset management with save/load and import functions.
- A/B mode to compare the effect.
Fire is open source. Plugin binaries are available to download in VST3 and AU formats for Windows and Mac.
More information: Wings Music