Image-Line has announced an update to the FL Studio music production software for Windows and Mac.
Version 20.8.4 brings native support for Apple Silicon, a brand new Frequency Shifter effect, Video Scrubbing in the Visualizer, improvements to the 3x OSC synthesizer, and much more.
We’re always adding more so you can do more with your favorite DAW application. All because we love YOUR Lifetime Free Updates!
Changes in FL Studio 20.8.4
- Apple Silicon Support: Native ARM code support for Apple Silicon (M1 and related CPUs).
- 3x Osc: Added anti-aliasing to oscillators.
- Frequency Shifter: Special effect to create metallic, dissonant, ring modulation and phasing effects. Included with Producer Edition and up.
- Control Surface: Added a ‘Show labels’ option to show or hide control labels.
- Toolbar: Added a toolbar button to change set language. This will appear by default when the language is changed from the default.
- Edison: Apply visualization options without closing the menu when (Right+Click) is used. Renamed ‘Disable undo for large samples’ menu to ‘Enable undo for large samples’.
- Piano roll: Added an option to preview notes as they are mouse clicked into the piano roll during playback.
- Maximus & Limiter: Added a menu option to disable the -0.2 dB safety margin.
- Mixer Menu > Recording: Added an option ‘Apply track level and mute when recording’ so these can be ignored when recording ‘Post’ effects in the mixer
- MIDI Settings: Added ‘Pickup’ functionality for controls linked to external controllers (option in General settings)
- ZGameEditor Visualizer: Web cams can now be used in multiple instances of the plugin at once. There is also a new ‘Luminance average’ internal controller for each buffer available on the (Right+Click) Link to controller option. New video scrubbing option using the ‘Video Controller effect. New ‘Peakmap’ effect by Dubswitcher.
- Playlist: Renamed ‘Consolidate track(s) > Full song’ to ‘From song start’ to match export options.
- MIDI Scripting: Added: Option to get user defined name to the GetPluginName function. function mixer.isTrackMuteLock, getTrackStereoSep and setTrackStereoSep functions to mixer module, function to get color of keys for a specific plugin (only FPC for now), Hardware_Refresh_ControlValues flag for OnRefresh event.
- Patcher: Added (Ctrl+C) and (Ctrl+V) for copy and paste on inactive parameter popups
- Mixer: Increased brightness of volume (dB) label on Mixer Tracks
- Mixer: Track (Right-Click) & Mixer Menu options to reset routing for selected Mixer track(s) to default.
- Automation: Added a Mode option to the Global Link popup.
- File Menu: Added options Export all playlist tracks > ‘From track start’, ‘Song start’ or ‘Time selection’.
- FL Studio Mobile: Updated. See here for changelog.
- Piano roll > Note properties: The Note Properties dialog is now always shown on the same screen as the Piano roll.
- Windows File Browser: Replaced all folder selection windows with the modern OS File Browser window.
- Burn to MIDI: Additional reset options for Swing and Arpeggiator pop-up after selecting Burning MIDI.
FL Studio 20.8.4 is available as a free update to existing FL Studio users, and new users can download a free, fully functional time unlimited trial version.
More information: Image-Line