Flock Audio has announced the release of new control software for its PATCH Series digitally controlled analog patchbays.
The TEC Award nominated PATCH APP DX goes beyond the capabilities of the already fast and efficient computer controlled analog routing functionality of Flock Audio’s PATCH APP Classic software, adding iPad, and iPhone iOS apps to its Mac OSX and Windows-based desktop applications while incorporating advanced photo and annotation features to enable speedy and accurate recalls.
PATCH APP DX also provides several workflow and GUI enhancements aimed toward PATCH Series power users.
PATCH APP DX features
- Full app version for MAC OSX, Windows, and iPad and a selective remote control for iPhone.
- Network integration within the PATCH APP ecosystem ensures any changes in routings, presets, or settings are instantaneously reflected across all of a user’s devices.
- Capture and store microphone positionings and outboard hardware settings with your iPad or iPhone camera and store them within your active routing within PATCH APP DX.
- Annotate photos within your routings with the pen tool to create notes or mark knob positions for easy and fast recall.
- 6 QuickStrip slots–up from 3 in PATCH APP Classic–for instantaneous recall of your most-used routings with a single click.
- Updated GUI, with in-depth color customization for Path Names, QuickStrip Selections, Stored Routings and the Hardware Index for easy visual identification of routing types (i.e. compressors, EQs, etc.).
- Integration with Flock Audio’s forthcoming DX Bridge plug-in (Q1-Q2, 2023) which will allow users to save and store routings and hardware management data from within their DAW, automatically recalling them whenever they open the DAW project file.
PATCH APP DX comes with a 14-day free trial and promotional introductory pricing of $4.99 USD monthly, $49.99 USD annually, or a perpetual license for $149.99 USD. PATCH APP DX licenses are managed by PACE iLok, and activations are allowed for iLok Dongle, iLok Cloud and direct to CPU.
PATCH APP Classic will remain free for all PATCH Series hardware users and will continue to receive standard feature and compatibility updates.
More information: Flock Audio