Fluid Audio has announced the SRI-2, a high-quality 2×2 recording interface with monitor switching for two pairs of monitors.
The SRI-2 offers wide dynamic range and very low self-noise. Analog signals are converted to 24-bit / 192 kHz, resulting in extremely high sound quality and clarity. The Class A microphone preamps with 48V phantom power together with the transparent A / D converters guarantee accurate detail in every recording. With ergonomics in mind, the two combo inputs on the SRI-2 are placed on the front panel, which allows for a convenient change of sources, thus eliminating the annoyance of reaching around to the back panel. In addition, the housing is angled towards the user, which makes it much easier to see knobs and buttons, all of which are illuminated to see in dimly lit studios.
The aluminum case not only looks great but is also robust and stable. The oversized volume control is also made of aluminum with a rubber grip for precise adjustment. All buttons have well-defined pressure points and the controls offer just the right rotational resistance to make exact adjustments.
The compact design and USB power supply make the SRI-2 extremely portable. It can be used with an iPad, however needs additional power via it’s built-in USB Micro power input. The USB 2.0 connection provides sufficient power to operate even large professional headphones without volume restrictions, whether on a desk or on the move. The SRI-2 comes with Steinberg’s Cubase LE DAW, a very comprehensive software package for recording, editing, mixing and music production. Of course the SRI-2 is also compatible with many other popular DAWs such as Pro Tools, Studio One, Ableton Live and Logic Pro.
- Anodized aluminum chassis housing and master volume knob.
- Professional grade 24-bit/192kHz digital conversion.
- 2 class A microphone preamps with +48 V phantom power.
- 2 x XLR/TRS combo inputs on the front panel for Line / Mic / Instrument recording.
- 4 TRS outputs, for 2 monitor pairs with A / B button.
- 1 high powered headphone output with separate volume control, 2 x 75mW.
- LED indicators on all knobs.
- Powered by USB 2.0 connection.
- Cubase LE 9.5 DAW software included via download for PC and Mac.
- Cubasis LE DAW for iPad.
The SRI-2 is now shipping with a street price of $229.99 USD / 219.99 EUR.
More information: Fluid Audio