Focusrite has announced the Saffire PRO 14, a new firewire audio interface.
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 is an 8 in / 6 out FireWire audio interface designed for the modern home studio environment. An unparalleled preamp legacy forms the foundation, with two award-winning Focusrite preamps.
Legendary sonic performance and both digital and analogue I/O combine with Focusrite’s established MixControl software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
Saffire PRO 14 key features
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps — The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite’s 25-year legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning preamps.
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire interface — Features professional conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization.
- Total I/O count of 8 inputs and 6 outputs — A host of I/O options are provided, including a unique Loopback facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire MixControl.
- Saffire MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router — Provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency (less than the time it takes sound to travel two feet through air!).
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix — Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Xcite+ Software Bundle — Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
The Saffire PRO 14 is expected to ship in August 2010, priced at $299.99 MSRP ($249.99 street) / £199.99 inc. VAT (suggested street price) / €279.99 inc. Tax MSRP.
More information: Focusrite