Focusrite has released Tape, a classic style recording app with for iPad with contemporary functionality.
Tape is a beautiful recording solution, with easy to use 2-track recording, instant mastering, customisable tape artwork and social media connectivity.
Record from the inbuilt iPad microphone, iTrack Solo, or even any Core Audio compliant audio interface – including interfaces from the Scarlett range – and instantly add polish with one button compression. Then simply add a title and album artwork and share online with friends and fans via SoundCloud.
- Record two separate inputs, or link them as a stereo pair.
- Metering in Tape App.
- Plug and play support for the iTrack Solo and Scarlett range, plus Core Audio Compliant audio interfaces.
- Low latency monitoring allows you to listen to your performance as you record.
- Apply mastering effects to instantly improve your recording.
- Keep time with an adjustable metronome.
- Apply a custom title and image to your music and share via Soundcloud.
The Tape app for iPad is a free download.
More information: Focusrite