Fred Anton Corvest has announced a major update to the FAC Drumkit app for iOS, bringing many new features and improvements to the 16-voice drum synthesizer and stereo sample player.
Version 2.0 introduces a new responsive user interface, mute groups, additional randomization options, improved presets management, and more.
Everyone agrees that the drums are a very important key element of almost every genre out there, they are the foundation of a song. We are all fans of acoustic drums and drum machines, they each have different characters and strengths. FAC Drumkit combines both worlds, samples and synthesis, in order to provide new exciting and unique sounds. As a rule of thumb, the synthesizer section brings the body of the sound, and the sampler the unique character. Both parts are layered together and contain essential parameters to ensure they won’t clash and will sit well together.
Changes in FAC Drumkit 2.0
- New full responsive UI.
- Addition of mute group.
- Randomization for OSC, SMP and Envelopes.
- Library explorer, all the presets sounds organized by category.
- Presets management improvement, import/export handled by the AUv3 (zip).
- Addition of two new presets and factory sounds.
- Sound design information on the graph (transient, body, tail, sub…).
- Hex Pad Style optional.
- Popovers can be pinned (easy to preview different settings).
- Popovers envelopes templates are grouped by sound category.
- Simplification of the control points gestures (double tap to delete, to create…).
- Main control point can move neighbor points as well (optional).
- Envelopes can be cropped.
- Addition of Tip Jar view.
- Improvement of the welcome view.
- Various fixes and improvements.
Available from the App Store, FAC Drumkit for iOS is priced $15.99 USD. The update is free to existing users of the app.
More information: Fred Anton Corvest