AudioKit has released FM Player: Classic DX, a completely free multi-sampled DX7-inspired instrument app.
The app includes over 50 sounds, multi-sampled from a DX7, a DX7II, and some bonus TX81z presets.
Beautiful Free iPad instrument featuring the classic sounds of famous 80s FM Synthesizers.
FM Player: Classic DX features
- Faithful recordings of famous classic presets from original retro 80s FM Synthesizers.
- Over 50 presets included, completely free.
- Beautiful Reverb, Auto Pan, Bit Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more.
- MIDI in (Play with a MIDI Keyboard).
- Low-pass Filter: Cutoff, Rez, and Filter LFO.
- Analog Tape Style Ping-Pong Delay.
- GREAT for playing Live with a Keyboard: MIDI Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, Velocity sensitive sounds, and Sustain Pedal support already added.
- Some basic Inter-App Audio (IAA) integration. Use with GarageBand.
- AudioBus 3 support. Use these amazing sounds w/ other apps that support AB3 audio & midi.
- All Knobs have MIDI Learn.
The Classic DX instrument for iOS is available as a free download at the App Store (no in-app purchases, ads, or anything to buy).
AudioKit has also announced that the source code to the free and full-featured AudioKit ROM Player professional sample playback instrument will be available on December 11th.
This code can be modified to play EXS24, Wave, or Sound Fonts. This code is lightweight and demonstrates how you can make a beautiful sounding, pro-level instrument with a small amount of code.
AudioKit has all kinds of included pre-built filters, effects, and other audio signal processing classes to get you started and help you build the music app of your dreams.
You can even replace the included sounds and graphics with your own creations and upload to the app store! Record your Grandma’s Piano, a neighbor’s cat, or even your cousin’s Tuba, and use this code to make an iOS instrument out of it.
Impress your friends, build a custom instrument for your own use, or, even sell your custom instrument creations. You’re free to use this code however you’d like. It’s free and open-source! Meaning, you don’t have to pay us anything.