Caelum Audio has announced the release of Tape Cassette 2, an update to the audio plugin that emulates the warmth, noise and character of old tape cassettes.
Tape Cassette can be used to add that classic sound to your tracks and channels, or as a sound design tool when pushing the parameters into a far more experimental soundscape.
Following up from our well received Tape Cassette 1, we’ve updated the plugin with a sleek interface and more changes under the hood too.
Along with a brand new selectable Type 1 Cassette Impulse Response (IR), we’ve improved the saturation algorithm, wow & flutter engine and implemented real sampled tape noise, all which results in a wonderfully warm and more accurate vintage sound. In addition to this you now have two VU meters to monitor your audio as well as selectable oversampling.
Changes in Tape Cassette 2
- Selectable Type 1 Cassette Impulse Response (IR).
- Dynamic saturation curve algorithm implementing hysteresis and including oversampling.
- Wow & Flutter engines rebuilt to focus on smoother emulation.
- Real sampled noise from a Type 1 Cassette.
- Low Pass range increased down to 5kHz.