Full Bucket Music has announced the release of Kern, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Kern is a VST™2.4 polyphonic software synthesizer plug-in for Microsoft Windows® (both 32 and 64 bit) designed to run with and to be fully controlled by modern MIDI keyboard controllers like the Novation® Impulse™.
It is written in native C++ code for high performance and extremely low CPU consumption.
- Streamlined to be used with MIDI keyboard controllers; all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC.
- MIDI Learn.
- Two alternative user panels.
- 32 voices polyphony including portamento.
- Two band-limited oscillators including Hard Sync.
- 4-pole zero-delay feedback lowpass filter (two types).
- Two envelopes, one LFO.
- Chorus effect.
- Double precision audio processing.
- Plug-in comes in 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
- Fully compatible with SM Pro Audio’s V-Machine™.
The plug-in is available for download for Windows (VST).