Full Bucket Music has released an update to the Fury-800 synthesizer instrument, a simulation of the Poly-800 synth by Korg.
In version 2 of the plugin parameter ranges and envelopes are adjusted to those of the original Poly-800. A legacy “BUCKET” mode is available for loading of v1.0 programs.
To tell you the truth, the Fury-800 v1.0 does differ from the original Poly-800 – not so much sound-wise but parameter-wise. A Fury-800 v1.0 program may sound totally different than a program with the same parameter settings on a Poly-800, but this is mainly due to the different parameter ranges on both machines! Furthermore, the shapes of the envelopes (DEG) are different: While the Fury-800 v1.0 uses exponentially shaped contours, the Poly-800 envelopes are parabolic and linear.
Changes in Fury-800 v2.0.1
- Added “Poly-800 MODE” for Poly-800 compatibility (v2.0.0).
- Added “BUCKET MODE” for backwards compatibility (v2.0.0).
- SysEx data import (v2.0.0).
- Added “+6db” and “Bright” options (v2.0.0).
- Fixed MIDI event handling (v2.0.0).
- Many minor bug-fixes and improvements (v2.0.0).
- Fixed VCF EG Int in God Mode.
Fury-800 is a free download for Windows and Mac in VST and AU plugin formats.
More information: Full Bucket Music