FXpansion has announced the release of DCAM: Synth Squad, a bundle of three modeled synthesizers and a semi-modular layering and performance environment for Windows and Mac.
DCAM: Synth Squad finally delivers the satisfaction of playing real analogue instruments in software! Advanced modelling technology carefully reconstructs the soul of dusty vintage circuits within your computer, for the unmatched vibe of hardware at a fraction of the cost.
At the heart of DCAM: Synth Squad are 3 modelled synthesizers – Strobe, Amber and Cypher – bulging with the immense weight and power of old-school analogue. These are no mere emulations stunted by the limitations of the past. Instead, they combine the best features from legendary machines with new and exciting ideas to drag them kicking and screaming into the modern world.
Oscillators ooze immense sound pressure, amp stages can be overloaded for extra grit, and real-world chaos can be dialled into the circuit for delicious instability. These synths don’t break with extreme settings, so you can abuse them just like the real thing. Meanwhile, the intuitive TransMod modulation system brings your sounds to life in new and expressive ways.
Fusor, a versatile sound-design environment that can layer and keysplit 3 instances of the DCAM synths, is also included. It provides a variety of ways to add new dimensions to your sounds with high-quality FX, extra modulation and an advanced step-sequencer/arpeggiator.
Purity of concept and execution. Meticulously engineered circuit models. Raw musical tone. The ultimate in sound quality and performance control.
DCAM: Synth Squad
- Strobe: Designed to be as easy to program and satisfying to play as an analogue monosynth, Strobe also adds polyphony, osc-stacking, a versatile multimode filter and deep modulation to create a modern classic. Strobe specializes in no-nonsense analogue-style leads, sick basses and complex pads.
- Amber: One of the first attempts to realistically model the divide-down string ensemble synths from the 70s, Amber perfectly captures the lush, psychedelic sound of these much-loved but often-forgotten instruments. A formant filter, 3 separate chorus models, a variety of playing responses and flexible modulation build upon the legacy to deliver a new take on these vintage classics.
- Cypher: A multi-oscillator synth geared towards audio-rate modulation and other advanced oscillator functions, Cypher takes analogue FM to the next level. It combines the rawness and tone of analogue oscs with modern luxuries like polyphony, precise tuning and a wealth of innovative features made possible by digital technology. Dual waveshapers and filters also contribute to make Cypher a unique synthesis tool.
- Fusor: Evoking the era of huge wrap-around analogue keyboard rigs, Fusor is a semi-modular layering environment for the DCAM synths with extra LFOs, envelope followers, step-sequencers and a suite of high quality FX. Fusor’s deep modulation capabilities allow you to use a synth’s LFOs and envelopes to drive other synths, FX and other devices, making it a sound design environment limited only by your imagination.
- Other highlights include:
- Oscillators that ooze heavy sound pressure.
- Amp stages that can be overloaded.
- Weighty, organic filters.
- MIDI Learn, BPM-synced LFOs and envelopes.
- Multiple oversampling for ultra-high quality mixdowns.
- Intuitive and powerful modulation system.
- Inspiring and creative preset library.
- Plugin integration with all major Mac/Windows hosts.
DCAM: Synth Squad is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for $249 USD / €189 EUR / £157 GBP, excluding taxes where applicable.
More information: FXpansion