FXpansion has announced the release of Strobe2, an update to the Strobe synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Strobe2 is a software polysynth which puts diverse new sounds effortlessly within your reach. It builds on the original’s realistic analogue modelling and deep but intuitive synthesis with a slew of enhancements and requested features. Highlights include a stunning effects section, revamped arpeggiator, deeper modulation processing, preset-morphing, randomizing and a scalable vector interface for retina and 4K displays.
Of course, Strobe2 retains the cult-classic original’s signature character – a ‘super-oscillator’ with stacking, detuning and sync, a warm saturating VCA, the acclaimed TransMod modulation system and a powerful multimode filter with 22 responses for massive tonal variety.
Strobe2 comes with over 900 presets to get you started but its programming simplicity makes creating new sounds and learning about synthesis addictive and exciting. Capable of everything from raw vintage tones to futuristic sound design, Strobe2 is perfect for all kinds of music from classic to modern and beyond.
- Analogue-modelled performance synthesizer.
- Multi-waveform osc with sub osc and noise.
- Hard-sync, osc-stacking, detuning and phase reset.
- Multimode filter with 22 modes and drive.
- Saturating OTA-modelled VCA.
- Powerful LFO with clock-divided ‘sub LFO’.
- Intuitive TransMod modulation.
- New Euclid and Curve modulation processors.
- 6-block effects page with over 25 processors.
- Revamped arpeggiator with modulation-sequencer.
- Preset morphing and randomizing.
- Scalable vector interface supports retina/high-res.
- Over 900 inspirational presets.
- VST, AU, AAX64 and RTAS formats for Mac & Windows.
Strobe2 is available for purchase for $179 USD / 165 EUR / £119 GBP inc. VAT. Registered FXpansion DCAM Synth Squad customers can get Strobe2 for $79 USD / 72 EUR / £52 GBP inc. VAT.