The GameSoundCon conference for video game music and sound design has announced an open call for video game sound designers and game audio experts to speak at GSC in Los Angeles on October 29th & 30th, 2019.
“This is one of my favorite parts of GameSoundCon!”, says Executive Director Brian Schmidt.
“Calling on experts to speak at the conference always gives me the chance to re-connect with the top talent in the game sound industry. It’s exciting to see our speaker list grow and reflect new challenges and solutions in game music and sound design year after year.”
The leading conference on Video Game Music, Sound Design and Virtual Reality is calling all game sound professionals to share their insights, knowledge and experience.
Submission on any topic directly related to game audio, from the compositional process and sound design to business and legal issues affecting game audio, for any of the following conference tracks:
- Audio for VR/AR/MR
- 2-day track for virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality audio
- Game Audio Essentials
- 25 or 50 minute talks on the essentials of game music and sound design, particularly for those coming from a more traditional music/audio background
- Game Audio Pro
- “GDC-style” Advanced topics in game audio: Game Postmortems, Composition or Sound Design in games including business, career topics, VO, etcv
- Game Audio Research
- Technical, industry and/or academic research in interactive audio technologies
- Game Audio Studies
- Academic research on game music and sound design; Ludomusicology, etc
- Dialogue and Performance
- Sessions dedicated to game dialogue techniques, process, talent, technology and implementation
The submission deadline is May 31st, 2019.
More information: GameSoundCon