Genelec has recently debuted the new 1236 Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) Main Monitor System, packing the most modern and intelligent technology into an extremely powerful, high performance tri-amplified main monitoring system.
The 1236 and its individually calibrated 3U-high Remote Amplifier Module RAM-XL provide the highest performance possible in a large format, flush-mounted main monitoring system. The new design is based on the high-efficiency proprietary double-18-inch bass driver design of Genelec’s 1036.
The 1236’s frequency response extends from 17 Hz to 26 kHz, and it is capable of delivering 130 dB SPL at 1 meter through a combination of modern digital signal processing and efficient Class D amplifiers, providing 2 x 1000 W, 800 W, and 400 W of short-term power into woofers, midrange and tweeter channels, respectively. The 37.75″ H x 46.5″ W x 25.625″ D enclosure features two 18-inch high-linearity woofers, with two Genelec proprietary high-efficiency five-inch midrange drivers, as well as a two-inch high compression tweeter, mounted in a very large Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) enclosure.
SAM technology is a vital part of the RAM-XL design. All crossovers, protection circuitry, and driver calibrations are implemented in the digital domain with the highest precision. In addition, the latest version (V2) of Genelec Loudspeaker Manager™ (GLM™) and AutoCal couples with the 1236 to ensure that the speaker-to-room interface remains as near to perfect as possible from the moment the sound leaves the cabinet until it reaches the user’s ears.
The new 1236 SAM system packs the most modern and intelligent Genelec technology into a powerful, high-performance main monitoring solution. All electronics, amplifier circuitry, drivers and enclosure have been designed, assembled, tested and individually calibrated in the Genelec factory in Iisalmi, Finland.
“The new 1236 is the latest addition to Genelec’s extensive Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) product range,” stated Will Eggleston, Genelec Inc. Marketing Director USA. “As our new flagship product, it embodies the tightest design tolerances with the highest production standards possible and is perfect for a wide range of production environments and applications.”
Genelec 1236 SAM System features
- Genelec’s advanced Directivity Control Waveguide provides a wide controlled listening area, minimizing early reflections for very accurate sound reproduction on-axis and off-axis.
- The RAM-XL features high-efficiency Class D amplifiers providing high SPL, high dynamic range, low distortion, and high reliability.
- Quality electronic design and precision DSP algorithms ensure high dynamic range and extremely low self-generated noise.
- Thoughtful thermal design makes RAM-XL extremely silent when installed in the listening space.
- Dual woofer design extends directivity control to low frequencies.
- Genelec AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation in the low and low-mid frequencies to minimize the detrimental room acoustic anomalies as well as the differences between various listening positions.
- Complete solution-oriented Smart Active Monitoring systems eliminate guesswork in system configuration and acoustic performance.
- Sustainability and green values. Efficient use of materials, low energy consumption and extremely long lifetime by design. Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS™) switches the system to standby when no audio input is detected, providing significant power consumption savings.
- Genelec GLM computer control enables easy and fast setup of all sizes of monitoring systems for repeatable, consistent performance.
More information: Genelec