Aberrant DSP has released an update to its audio plugin inspired by 4-track cassette recorders. SketchCassette II is designed to introduce a wide array of lo-fi effects into your mixes.
From subtle warble to unearthed-from-the-attic destruction, SketchCassette II unlocks the full range of cheap tape sounds, while also offering the flexibility and control to push your sounds even further into total lo-fi weirdness.
SketchCassette II features
- 12 unique tape type & quality profiles.
- Age modelling with continuous control.
- 2 Tape Saturation models: A (gentle), B (harsh).
- Tape hiss.
- Dropouts with newly extended Stereo Width control.
- Highly adjustable Wow & Flutter section, including:
- Tempo Syncing to DAW.
- An “FM Mode” which allows you to modulate the Flutter Rate with the Wow controls.
- Noise-reduction encoding compression with controls over Brightness & Amount.
- Mix controls for Tape Filtering and Compression.
- Custom preset system with 61 factory presets showcasing SketchCassette II’s versatility.
Available in VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats for Windows and macOS, SketchCassette II is on sale at Plugin Boutique at a 33% introductory discount, priced $20 USD until November 22nd (regular $30 USD).
More information: Aberrant DSP