H.G. Fortune has released Ultra Swamp, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Ultra Swamp is completely reworked version of Swamp/Swamp XT so there are a lot of differences to the prior versions and a hugely increased sonic potential! It’s really for the good, the bad and the weird sounds thus ranging from sweet over dark to really strange and crazy stuff; transforming the wave samples beyond recognition. And it’s not just for pads and atmos but also for snappy percussive sequencer sounds.
Although it does look not a very complex synthesizer – don’t let yourself get fooled by this as the sonic results will prove different, as you can check with the sounddemo videos. This is a very versatile synthesizer but is fairly easy to edit. The patch programmers had so much fun with it they did 3 complete additional banks of more incredible patches for the Pro version!
Ultra Swamp features
- 2 x PCM wave oscillators with 256 waves in 2 banks as primary soundsources.
- 1 x Ringmodulator per voice as 1st secondary soundsource.
- 1 x Timbremodulator per voice as 2nd secondary soundsource.
- 1 x Filter – 3 types (LoPass, HiPass, BandPass), ADSR EG with Vel control on Attack & Decay, and 3 Response Modes.
- 1 x 4 channel adaptive mixer for cutoff modulation.
- 1 x VCA EG (ADSR) Vel control on Attack & Decay, and 3 Response Modes.
- 1 x Pan.
- 3 x LFO.
- 1 x S&H.
- 1 x DLFO (Double LFO with two outputs and phaseshifting).
- 1 x special Pitch LFO with Speed Up/Down options.
- 1 x ADSR EG as modsource for RM / TM.
- 1 x Gator not only on Level but optional for Filter and delay Pan too.
- 1 x Delay with several options for panning delayed signal.
- 1 x Stereo Flanger.
- 1 x Stereo Reverb.
- 1 x Bass Enhance.
- 1 x XY-Joypad with 6 controls for 12 destinations and optional display for LFO & Aftertouch motion.
- 3 x Lazy Buttons.
- 12 voices, 512 patches.
Ultra Swamp Pro for Windows (VST) is available for the introductionary price of 24.50 EUR / $34 USD until June, 6th 2011 (regular price 39 EUR).
A free UltraSwamp (HGF birthday edition) is available to download. This version has a few limitations (only LowPass filter, 3 voices, EG 3 mono, no internal patch management, no MIDI Learn, no velocity control on Attack / Decay of VCF / VCA EG, no SF2 Load, 128 internal patches, but two hidden easter egg gimmicks).